1. He is smiling SO much. He is so happy and loves being with Mommy and Daddy. He is such a Daddy's boy and watches Scott leave or come into the room. I can tell he is about to start laughing...I cannot wait!
2. Cameron loves to babble. He is such a precious talker. I just want to eat him up. He is super vocal and just coos all the time. In the mornings, Scott will be getting ready for work and will hear Cameron in his room just talking away, not even crying to get up. He loves to look into your eyes and talk with you when it is quiet. The other day I had him in his swing and he was just non-stop ohh-ing.
3. He is liking tummy time a lot more, especially in the mornings. He is getting the hang of looking around while on his tummy, though he is not into rolling over yet. It will come with time!
4. He is growing so quickly! I just went through his closet to store things away that are some 6-9 month clothes. I will be saving the outfits though!
5. Cameron still likes being wrapped up like a burrito for bedtime. I am a little worried about this habit. He is a really good boy and sleeps well, ever since he was 6 weeks old, but crys a little if he becomes unwrapped in the middle of the night. The swaddle blankets are too small for him, so we use just a thin one from the hospital and he has outgrown it! You can't burrito a baby in a thick blanket. I was thinking of just buying a piece of fabric and wrapping him, but I want him to be able to sleep like a normal boy! What should we do?? We tried putting him to bed unwrapped just under blankets and he woke up 4 hours later. We gave in and wrapped him up like he enjoys and then he was fine. Will he out grow this on his own, or do we really need to buckle down and just let him cry it out? (I hate that!!)
6. He is a great little cuddle bug. He loves cuddling for naps and enjoys just being loved on. We are constantly smothering him with loves and kisses.
7. He is really starting to be more social with strangers. In church, he was really into the people behind us and smiled to their baby a lot. He even made noises to them!
8. He loves to eat his hands. His trademark move is to jam all but his pinky finger into his mouth and just suck away! Sometimes he goes too deep and gags himself! So funny to watch.
9. He has discovered that, not only does he have two hands, but he also has two feet to play with. Whenever he is on his back, he pulls his feet up and holds on for dear life. He is just so fun to watch as he curls himself into a little ball.
I am so very grateful for my little guy. He has brought so much joy into our family. I am so grateful he is a good baby and is so easy. My love grows for him each day. I cannot wait for all the other new things he will be doing pretty soon. I truly cherish every smile, boo boo face, babble, kiss, lick, and hug.
3 comments:
Max, at five months, won't sleep unswaddled either. I had my mom make him a nice big flannel blanket that I swaddle him in now.
FUN! He growing so fast, it is amazing how time flys and the things they learn in such a short amount of time.
Cameron is growing so cute! He is Scott's miniature!! I'm happy for you! :)
Post a Comment