Thursday, March 5, 2009

Poops and sleeps

So Cameron has gotten his first illness. Last week he had diarrhea like crazy. Scott, being the stay at home Dad that he is, changed almost 20 diapers in 2 days! He was dying...I told him to buck up!
we thought it was the solids making his belly hurt so we stopped those and it didn't seem to help much. He would be fine and happy during the day but then on Friday he started screaming for no reason in the middle of the night. He would wake up every hour or so and nothing would calm him down. I feel bad for our neighbors that live above us...hope they had ear plugs!!
We went into the Dr and found out he had a pretty bad ear infection. The Dr was actually surprised he had one, with the symptoms we told him about.
Cameron LOVES his medicine and enjoys the twice daily doses. Last night he slept really well, just waking up a couple times for a binky replacement. I hope he gets himself back into the habit of sleeping straight through.

When he was having a really hard time sleeping this weekend we were both so tired by the early morning, we gave in and let him sleep next to us. For a little baby he sure takes up a lot of room...all on my side of course!

This is him that morning, all rested and ready to play!
This is him napping on the couch this morning. He was in this position for a good hour. So funny!
My happy boy saying goodbye to Mommy before work (mommy had a sad face)
Oh and by the way, Cameron can officially say ma ma now! Wahhooo!! All the repetition paid off!

7 comments:

Julie W said...

Hooray for Mama!

I love that we can tell our Hubbies to "Buck up", but if they were to ever tell us that we would let them have it!

Scott and Sara said...

So true Julie! Of course I didn't reeeallly say that! Just nicely implied if have changed plenty of poops for Cameron, just not all in 1 day!

jamie said...

I'm glad he liked his medicine. Max HATED his. I think he ended up spitting out more than went in. Every time I gave it to him, we all ended up covered in pink goo.

And how AWESOME he says Mama! Man, don't they grow up too fast?

Lauri said...

He is so freaking cute! I absolutely love the picture of him in bed with scott. I loved early saturday mornings when we would put Grant in bed with us and play for a little while and then we would all fall back to sleep! I miss those days, now Grant runs in at about 5:30 and asks me to turn cartoons on. BLAH... But I make him cuddle me while we watch cartoons.

Luke and Kimmy said...

Love the picture of how he fell alseep. Can you imagine if we fell asleep like that??? haha! He is such a cutie.

Patty said...

Hey Sara, I saw you message on my facebook. Good to hear from you! I guess i had a few people who saw Chris on TV, hehehe
How's everything going? Cameron is sooo cute!!! I can't believe he is already 6 months!! I hope everything is fine with your family! I miss u!

DillChips said...

He so flippin adorable I could eat his cheekies off! And WAY TO GO SCOTTIE! with the poopies. Lily just got done with her meds for an ear infection....poor little peoples, I hate it when they are sick.