Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Third Birthday, Cam!

Well, my boy, another year has passed and I can honestly say that they seem to get better and better.  Each day, you find a new way to make me laugh, make me proud, or simply allow me to see life from a different, more gratifying perspective.  Watching you grow has become one of my most abundant sources of joy and, for that, I thank you.  I am so grateful to be your dad and I could not be more proud of you as my son.  I could not ask for anything more.  This year, you have become a big brother to your sister Ali.  In just a short time, it became clear that you were meant for this role.  You have shown so much love and respect to her in ways that I never thought possible by a boy your age.  I see, in you, great potential and glimpses of what the future holds for you as an ongoing example for your siblings and as a father to your own children.   You are so drawn to people and have a way with connecting with them on such a personal level.  This is a clear gift that you possess and I hope you can continue to use that for good in life. 


I love your fascination with rocks and sticks. I love your willingness to help out around the house. I love our shared daily cravings for a nice, cold Orange Bang. I love to hear you sing along to songs from the back seat of the car. I love to hear you pray. I love that you're always up for a good road trip. I love your passion for life. I love that you always want to race. I love laying with you in bed. I love holding your hand. I love your happy dance. I love when you sing to Ali. I love being your dad.

Happy Birthday. Here's to many more!

I love you!

Love,
Dad

No comments: