Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to Work

So, this week I am going back to work. I am very grateful I was able to work something out with SelectHealth, and will be working just 16 hours a week. I don't have to go back, I want to. I obviously don't want to go back full-time because being with Cameron is the most important. I think 16 hours will be just enough! It will be nice to get a little break and give Scott some alone time with the baby. I will miss Cameron terribly while I am gone, but know he will be well taken care of. I will working 2 evenings a week from 4-8 pm, Scott will have Cameron then, and a full day every Friday while Scott's mom watches him. I know she will do a fabulous job with him and he will be just fine. But, thinking of it gets me a little anxious. I don't want to be annoying and write down every little thing he likes/dislikes. Like how and when he likes to cuddle, how he likes to lay on the couch with you, how to get him to let out a good burp, and how he likes to sit up on the couch and talk. I know she will figure all those things out on her own! Wish me luck! She may not want to be my babysitter after the first Friday!

Cam is doing great. He is growing so quickly! I know I say that every time, but really it is just amazing to me how grown up he is. He gets in these moods where he just wants to talk. He looks right at you in your eyes and just coos. It is my favorite! He really thinks he is talking. Sometimes, when I am cuddling him and not looking at him, he makes his noise to get my attention, I look down at him and he smiles! He is so cute. I love this age and am sure it just gets better and better!

Oh, and I am happy to report that he now sleeps from 9pm-8am!!! Another 1 1/2 hours is fine with me!


Double-chin baby

Just woke up from a nap

Booo!!! Am I scary??
Mommy and baby ghost

3 comments:

jamie said...

If I could have worked out a good part time solution with my job I'd have done that. I tried, but they basically agreed to paying my less, having me at the office less, but doing the same workload (ie work from home for FREE), um, no.

I'm glad you have a solution you're comfortable with.

And I think EVERY age is the best. Almost every week with Alex I said THIS IS THE BEST AGE!, then he'd get just a week older and I'd say, NO THIS IS THE BEST AGE! I'm still doing that. They do just get better and better as they grow.

DillChips said...

I think it will be nice for you to be able to have a seperate social life from home, it is needed, and hey why not make some moola also.

erin said...

How did the first week back go? What a cute little guy....