This past weekend a couple people made comments about Cameron's color. Then on Sunday when we went to Scott's parents, Lady's first thought...Cam looks different...
Was he sick? Just pale because he has the most pastiest parents in the world? Was he looking jaundiced?
I didn't worry too much, I knew he was getting teeth in, and to be honest, sometimes I look at him after work and think hmmm this light bulb needs to be changed, my baby is orange!
On Monday morning he woke up with a completely clean diaper. That had me a little more worried, as it is not like a 10 month old at all.
I called the Dr, and of course, they said...COME IN!
All these crazy thoughts ran through my mind as I was driving to the Dr's.
After we wait almost an hour (!!!!!!!) we see the doc who examined Cam and came to the conclusion, he was not jaundice, but did have a mild case of Carotenemia. The Dr just explained this is a harmless condition that is due to eating vegetables. I was surprised! We don't feed Cameron excessive amounts of carrots or any other vegetable, just a variety each day.
So that's that! So simple and silly, yet it will still cost me 100 dollars to my deductible!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Phew! All the baby stuff can freak ya out, huh!
I'm so glad to hear that it was just the veggies that did it to him. It's so scary when you have no idea what's going on with your child.
Post a Comment