Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pumpkin Patch, Waterfalls and Oprah

A little late with these pictures but...
On Saturday we took Cam on his first hayride to a Pumpkin Patch! We had a blast. Everyone in the area needs to go to this one. You go on a hayride, pick your pumpkin (out of a zillion) and ride back. Sounds like a normal pumpkin patch right? Well this one is FREE! Even the pumpkin! (1 per person) It is at J and J Nursery in Layton. Check it out. They only do it the next 3 Saturday's from 10 -4. http://www.jjnursery.com/

Here are some pics from that trip. You can see there was something on my lens, in every picture there is a blur at the top. Maybe it was a ghost!!! (nope, just a fuzz ball that was discovered after)


His cute hair and forehead were cut out of this one, but I couldn't resist posting that smile. This is how he looks when he says "CHEEESE" for a picture.
Cute little Aaron picking his pumpkin

Lauren showing how strong she is


On Sunday we went for a drive up Ogden Canyon. I have been wanting to go since Studio 5 said it was # 1 to visit for the fall colors. I am so glad we went. It was gorgeous! I didn't get any pictures of the foliage because it was pouring rain : (
On our way out of the canyon we saw this! I am so glad we decided to go back the way we came rather then going through the other cities. We completely missed this on the way up.

Yesterday on Oprah there was a great story of a women in Provo that survived a plane crash a year ago. She was amazing! I am so glad I was able to see her story. I really needed it yesterday. I was so frustrated with my responsibilities at home and feeling sorry for myself. Seeing this women tell her story and experiences made me so grateful for my life. For my Heavenly Father. For the gospel. For my "chores". For my wonderful husband and precious baby.

Check out her blog! http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/
There is a link on her latest post to direct you to the story on Oprah's website.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow that pumpkin patch looks cool and for FREE?? Thanks for sharing!

Cam looks so cute walking. Can't wait for mine to start walking...wait, maybe I can.