Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dying Easter Eggs with a Paranoid, Not So Fun Mom!

This is the first year we did eggs with Cam. He was too little last year and a part of me feels he may have been too little this year still.
No. Really...he did an excellent job! I on the other hand, took a good 10 mintues to have fun. Thank goodness cool, calm and collective Daddy was around!

Our fun in pictures:
Nice clean table
The DROPPING begins (notice my freaked out hands)
Cam extremely proud of himself. Surely calls for a clap!
Another drop...
A little help to NOT drop and splash.
Ahhhhh. After much coaxing, he calmly put the eggs in the cups. (Mommy happy and clapping)
Finally Daddy took over. "Look eggy Mommy"
I was ready to step back in. Stickers=easy!
Proud and happy
again...

We all had so much fun. I did get a little "panicky" at the beginning but realized, It's a mess. A liquid mess. Just wipe it up when we are done. Easy as cake. Stain our clothes and our...
hands for a bit...Ehhhh...who cares!

4 comments:

Kim & Campbell said...

I bet he loved it. I was too scared this year, I have this feeling that Campbell would have just thrown the eggs around, and dumped dye...
Your looking really good by the way.

Josh and Anna said...

I love the egg dropping at the beginning, I can just imagine how stressed you were! And I love his proud face at the end, so cute!

Tia Langston said...

I'm the same stressed-out mom. I let the boys use color crayons on the eggs, then dipped them in the dye myself when they were busy playing. hehe

Tracey said...

Hah! I'm totally paranoid too!! Hence, we didn't dye eggs this year...probably next year though. Looks like you guys had a good time:)