Monday, December 13, 2010

Big Boy Bed

We have been talking about converting Cam's crib into a toddler bed for a while now, but had been putting it off. He wasn't trying to get out of his crib so I thought it was no big deal. I realized though that I had wanted to also start potty training him after the new year and felt I couldn't handle both big milestones at once!
So a couple of weeks ago Scott converted the crib and had Cam him help. Cam was so excited and proud to help "fix" his bed. He has done surprisingly well and absolutely loves feeling like a big boy. The first couple nights he woke up after a couple hours of being laid down and came out in the living room. We just told him it was still bed time and he went straight back into bed. He has been waking up a little earlier now if he hears Scott getting ready for work too.
 I have been trying to teach him to let Scott or myself go get him in the morning or after naps instead of him opening the door and walking out. He is slowly learning the concept and I am just trying to be patient. 
He really has done so well and I am so proud of him. 
A picture of him in his bed will be coming soon!

The first morning after sleeping in his bed, he woke up and walked out into the living room and said Hi to us. It made me realize how grown up he has become. It made me so sad to think he is no longer our little baby. As I was trying to get ready for church I broke down and just laid in bed and cried. (I can blame my emotions on the pregnancy, right?)
I am not ready for him to grow up and change. I adore him in every way. It makes me sad to know I will never have him again at 6 months, 1 year old, 18 months, 2 years old...
I know we will have other children and I will have those ages again with each of them, but it won't be Cam at that age. There has not been one day of his life that I have ever wished the time to go faster so we could move to the next stage of his life. He has been amazing from day one and I know that will continue, I will just miss all these moments. I want to always remember him like this and the fun we have.
Every time I look at him and tell him what a big boy he is, he shouts,
 "No, mine little Mommy!"

I wish little could last a little longer.

No comments: