Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family Vacation 2011 Part 2

Friday morning we were off to California! The drive went so fast again and we were in LA in no time. We were about 45 minutes away from Anaheim and decided we couldn't wait to eat or use the bathroom, so we stopped at this cute little place off the freeway.
Worst. Day. Ever.
Cam's first real accident.
To spare too many details because my heart can't take it, Cam got his finger closed in the hinge side of the bathroom door!  My life was over!  Cam was so brave even though we know how bad it must of hurt. His finger nail was instantly purple and his finger tip was completely swollen. He finally calmed down after a while with some medicine, a band-aid and a movie. He fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. When your baby gets hurt when they are with you, their protector, you have awful guilt. Mix that with pregnancy hormones and you have me crying hysterically during the ordeal and the rest of the way to Disneyland.

This picture doesn't do it justice. Poor baby.

We stayed at a hotel right on Harbor Blvd, which means we were just yards away from Disneyland. The forecast, unfortunately, said it would be raining the first 2 days we were there. It was pouring the first night, but we decided to go to Downtown Disney (my favorite!) and show my mom around.
Cam had a shopping spree at the big Disney store and we headed back. We had ponchos on, but with the wind, it kept blowing my hood off. I was soaking wet from head to toe by the time we got back. I still had fun though. How can you not? You are at Disneyland!

The next day was so much better. You could see clouds and it would drizzle but nothing like the night before. We walked around Downtown Disney again and had lunch and enjoyed a few more shops.


Cam loved this Woody lego statue!

I love Downtown Disney. I could just spend my whole vacation there. I don't even need to go into Disneyland!


3 comments:

Kim & Campbell said...

FUN, Cam looks sooo Happy! YAY for a fun family vacation!

Marci said...

When your baby gets hurt it is heartbreaking! Devany burned her hand and I think I cried more than she did.:(
Dumb question, where is Downtown Disney and do you need tickets to get in?

UtahJenny said...

OUCH!!! It is so sad when your baby gets hurt, I just kind of cried and giggled picturing you crying hysterically - been there, done that!!! Anyhow - your trip looks like it was wonderful! (despite it all) ;)