Monday, September 19, 2011

Rolling

Ali finally rolled over! She rolled from her tummy to her back today. She was pretty proud of herself and couldn't stop smiling about it. Every time I would put her on her tummy she would throw her upper half to the side and swing her chubby legs over. It was pretty fun to watch.

I feel bad it has taken her so long to learn this. I don't lay her on the floor very often. I have two legit reasons:
1. She spits up sometimes after she eats, so I try and keep her upright. (to save the cute outfits!) Then by the time she is in the "safe" zone it is her nap time or we get ready to leave...etc. 
2. She can't be left on the floor alone with her big brother if I leave the room. Don't get me wrong, he is a great brother and helps a ton, but he has space issues with her. And, let's face it, he is a boy. He runs, jumps, kicks, and wiggles with little regard for the small person on the floor.  So, if she lays on the floor with us, I need to be completely ready to stay put for a while. I don't have enough time in the day! 

Those are pretty lame excuses. Sorry.
I need to stop having "reasons" why she doesn't meet milestones on time.
:)
Until the next one...

No comments: