This post serves two purposes: 1) it’s an incredible story that I personally want to document and is definitely worth sharing, and 2) Sara has recently been bugging me to contribute to the blog. So, here you go.
I must preface this story with the fact that this actually happened is just completely fascinating. I mean, the chances literally have to be something like 1 in a million, maybe even a billion. Who knows? The story begins on the night of September 11, 2003, almost eight years ago to the day. Sara and I were dating and had tickets to the Utah vs. Cal football game. The game in and of itself was historical because there was a crowd of 46,768 fans, the largest ever at Rice-Eccles Stadium. My good friend, Dave, was manning one of the TV cameras and was positioned on the field straight below our seats. So, partly as a way to show off to Sara, I called Dave and told him to get Sara and me on the jumbo screen. Of course, he did and, in addition, displayed the ‘Give Her a Kiss’ caption on the screen. It was great. We kissed on the jumbo screen in front of the biggest crowd in history.
Now, fast forward seven years. Last fall, near the beginning of yet another college football season, I was sitting at work and decided I needed a cool photo of Rice-Eccles Stadium as a background image for my computer. I quickly hit up Google and did an image search by typing in ‘Rice Eccles Stadium’. Go ahead, try it. I quickly picked one that I thought looked good and set it as my desktop background. A few seconds later I was pretty much blown away. Focusing my attention on the jumbo screen in the photo, I noticed a couple of familiar faces. There we were, Sara and me on the jumbo screen during that game seven years earlier. I couldn’t believe it! I mean, what are the chances of this photo’s existence and, on top of that, me finding it completely randomly? Of all the seconds to snap a picture during a three hour football game, somebody took a picture of the stadium during the 15-20 second interval that Sara and I happened to be on screen. Then, of all the photos of the stadium I could have possibly chosen (my Google search produced over 50,000 results), I randomly picked the one that just so happened to include us in it. Take a look at the photo; I guess it was just meant to be!
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so cool! I remember you guys telling us about that awhile ago. You're right, what a weird series of events that lead up to a perfect picture...and you actually finding that picture on Google. Too cool!
Post a Comment