What a crazy Thursday we had.
Cameron had the stomach flu and literally could not get off the toilet. Man, it was horrible to watch your poor baby suffer. He didn't understand what was going on and was just miserable. He did amazingly well though, considering this was his first illness like this since being potty trained.
I wasn't sure how I would be able to take care of Ali and help Cam in the bathroom, so Scott stayed home from work. Thank goodness, because really, he sat in the bathroom all day. (I know I keep referring to that and it is gross, but I need to so I can remember.)
I was going to Target to get Cameron some pedialyte and a Chugginton train to help cheer him up. I had Ali with me and we were on our way. I was turning left to get on 500 S and a young kid pulled out of the McDonald's driveway right in front of me and we hit him. It was so terrifying! I wasn't going fast, since I had just finished turning left, but knowing my Ali was in the car sent me into a crazy, crying mess! It all happened so fast. I didn't hear Ali crying either, so that made me panic even more. I ran out of the car so fast and pulled her car seat out then got out of the intersection. Ali was ok and actually didn't make a peep the entire time this was happening. Which is a good thing, I had enough tears for the both of us.
There was this wonderful women that stopped after she saw the accident and came and sat by me. She was so sweet and took pictures of the car and even tried calling Scott for me. She patiently waited with me until the police arrived.
All I wanted was for Scott to be there. I tried calling him over and over, on his cell and the house phone, but he didn't hear them because...he was in the bathroom with Cam.
I was on the phone with Scott's brother, Brian, when the accident happened, so he and Lady were on their way immediatly. Lady went to the house to be with Cameron and Scott and Brian came up to the accident. It felt like forever waiting for them, but it was probably only 15 or so minutes. It was a blessing to be so close to home.
The other car that was in the accident had a bunch of teenagers (too many for their car actually) and nobody was injured, thankfully.
Yay for good car seats! Ali was fine and like I said, so calm during this whole thing. She even took a nap as we waited for the police to finish up the report. That took forever!
I had flip flops on and broke my toe, but that was it.
I am so grateful that my precious baby was ok. I am so grateful that nobody else in the other car was hurt. I am grateful Scott was home from work that day and was able to be there for us. I am grateful we live so close to family and they were able to be there so quickly as well. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father watched over my family that day.
(I'm also grateful it was their fault and our car was fixed by their insurance. Sorry teenager for even higher premiums. Next time don't squeeze 6 people in your jeep either)
No comments:
Post a Comment