Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Cam has been anxiously awaiting this day. The day he would be a preschooler.
 
He had a good time at orientation and loved his teacher, Mrs. Starr. He will be going 3 days a week from 8:45-11:15.
He is attending the preschool in Scott's parents neighborhood and the preschool that Lady is the afternoon teacher at. We have him in the morning class though, so his Grammy wouldn't be his teacher. She does get to visit and help in the morning class sometimes though.

Scott was able to take the morning off and go with us to drop him off. I was so glad because although I was excited to have him go to school, I was anxious for us to be separated. Thankfully, times I have had to work, Cam was able to be with family. This was the first time I was giving him to somebody else. Big deal! :) 

Cam was all jokes and playful the entire morning. He even woke up an hour earlier than normal and came running into our room that it was time to go to school.

He loved his backpack and wanted to put something in it so he packed one of his favorite books.

He started to get nervous as we got closer to school. He got super quiet and straight faced. He looked at me and asked if I would take him into class and stay with him. He got really worried when I told him I couldn't stay long.
He had me walk him in and was hesitant to leave my side. He held my hand so tight and kept asking me to stay.
I encouraged him to play with the other kids, but he knew my trick to slip out, and watched me the whole time.
Soon, he saw on the table their was a craft they were going to work on. He was so excited, sat right down and got to work. I gave him a kiss and he happily said goodbye.
 
As I walked to the car my heart hurt a little. I had just dropped him off seconds ago and I was already missing him. I need him. I started crying OF COURSE. Come on, one of us needed to have tears, and he was fine!
I kept thinking...
 
Was he going to be ok?
Were the kids going to be nice to him?
Was he going to be obedient?
Was he going to use his manners?
Would he make friends easily?
Would he get hurt during play time outside?
Would he share?
Would he be the good boy I know he is?
Would I survive these 2 hours without him?
And...
YES, we both survived!
 
He loved his first day of school. He made friends, enjoyed learning and can't wait to go back!
He even instructed me that he can walk into class himself now.
The time passed quickly for me and Ali and I were able to spend some quiet time together.
 
How did he grow up so fast? I miss baby Cam but I am excited for all the changes and fun things he will be experiencing this year.

No comments: