Cam asked where Scott and I were going and why we were going on a date. I explained to him that we were celebrating the day we got married years ago. 7 to be exact.
Cam said, "I'm going to get married someday."
I replied, "Yes you will! And in the beautiful temple!"
He then said, "When I get married, I will buy clothes like Daddy!"
I love to hear what is on his mind and the funny things he must think about 'grown-up' stuff.
Later that night, as we were driving to drop them off, I brought up to Scott the conversation Cam and I had earlier. A minute later he said,
"Mom? Will you marry ME?"
My heart melted. Oh, how I wish I could have him to myself forever. I need him. I need him like I need oxygen.
He then said, "I don't want to be alone."
I got a little teary eyed and told him he will never ever be alone. I, of course, agreed to his proposal and told him we will be best friends forever and ever and he will always have his mommy.
My heart was so full. I was celebrating the day, 7 years prior, that I married my best friend. The day we were sealed for eternity in the Lord's temple. The day my life began.
I now have these two amazing babies that we created, that are a part of our eternal family. I felt so grateful even more, for the promises we made that special day.
Side note. During the day I heard 'our' song on the radio. It was so fun to be reminded of the fun night we had dancing together as newlyweds.




1 comment:
That is so sweet, I love Cam:) Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!
Post a Comment