Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Success

Thank you Fly Ribbon! Our house if fruit fly free! It is a great feeling. We had 2 of these up for a few days and caught hundreds of those pesky things! LOVE IT!
Found the source I think. I don't want to admit this, but I found EXTREMELY rotton potatoes in the pantry. Turned to liquid actually. GROSS I KNOW! I would have taken a picture but the smell was so awful we could have died.

9 comments:

Julie W said...

I had onions get lost in the pantry and do the same thing! I believe you when you say the smell could kill. I am so happy for you!

UtahJenny said...

ohhhhh ... I know that smell - so glad it was discovered and that the flies are GONE! WHEW!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Yep. I know that rotten potato smell too. I'm pretty sure it's the worst thing I have EVER smelled in my life! Congrats on being fruit fly free!

Jon said...

Makes me wonder how people can drink vodka... It's made from potatoes.

Jon said...

Let me add a little bit to my last post... Vodka is made from FERMENTED potatoes.

DillChips said...

If a smell lingers leaving a cup or two of vinegar on the counter for a day works. The vinegar sucks up the smell.

Josh and Anna said...

EEEEWWWW! I'm glad you found a way to get rid of them though! And true confession, I have had several bags of potatoes go bad. You buy them with good intentions and then kind of forget about them. Oops!

Kim & Campbell said...

Yuck! and YAY! I found a bag of smooshy stinky potatoes just the other day! Great minds think a like!!! I am glad you got it taken care of!

Jessica and Tim said...

I had the same problem last year with rotten potatoes in my basement. They are so awful. I'm glad they're gone now.