Thankfully, Scott was able to take a week and a half off of work and help us get situated at home. I am SO glad he was here with me during the transition. Having a new baby and a toddler is hard! I'm a naturally emotional person, but combining that with pregnancy hormones, sleep deprivation and guilt makes for a hot mess!
I had a really hard time not being able to give Cameron the attention he was used to. He has done extremely well with Ali being here and has been completely loving and accepting of her since she has arrived. I am so happy and proud of him for that. I can just tell he sometimes is aware of the lack of attention he gets and it breaks my heart. He is my love and for him to not feel like he is Mommy's #1 makes me feel so bad.
The first week brought on many tears for me, but things have gotten so much better. Now, if I could just learn to have more patience with Cameron when I am tired!
This pretty much shows how things are everyday.
Cam is always in her face loving on her.
He is constantly kissing her and wanting to be right next to her. He always says how much he loves her and compliments her about everything.
"Cute clothes today Ali bugs!"
"Cute bow Ali bugs!"
"Nice dress Ali. Are you a princess like Rapunzel?"
And today, my favorite so far, "Cute face Ali bugs!"
Scott's favorite was during the first week when Cam was still a bit under the weather. We were trying to encourage him not to get too close to Ali. Once, when we reminded him while he was leaning in to give her a kiss, he protested, "But I love her so bad!"
He is such a great brother and I am so glad I get to be at home with the both of them. He adores her and takes such good care of the both of us. Cameron is always willing to help me if he knows it is something for Ali. Their connection is amazing and has been since the moment they met. I can't wait to see him with her when she gets a little older and is able to play more.
2 comments:
But I love her so bad:) That is the SWEETEST thing. I love that Cam is so sweet with her. And Sara, she is beautiful!! Hopefully we will be able to come meet her soon!
She is too amazingly cute!!! Thanks for letting us pay at your place, and teaching me how to make those cute flowers!!!
Post a Comment