Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1 yr visit

I took Cam to his 1 yr check up. It went perfectly well and Cam did fantastic. I was a little worried, since his appointment was during his morning nap. He was happy and playful and showed the Dr some of his personality. He weighs 23 pounds, which I was surprised by because that's only a pound more than at his 8 month check up. He is starting to thin out and I won't lie...I am bummed! I like chubby babies. I don't want his thunder thighs to go away, I don't want to see his ribs, and most importantly, I want his cute little belly to pooch out when he sits! (Weird these are all things I wish on him, and pray will go away for me!)

I am happy to report he is taller too. I can't believe it. He is 31 inches! He was pretty tall when he was born, but has seriously sprouted since then. I was scared there for a minute he would be a giant. Now, we are just hoping he has interest in sports and will be a NBA star!

He vrooom vroomed for the Dr while playing cars and babbled a ton. The Dr said he should be able to say at least 2 words by now. He also said all food is game, but at about 18 months is when pickiness starts showing. MAN, I thought I was in the clear! Cam has never turned his nose up to any food offered to him...besides canned Mac and Cheese. Can you blame him though?

We can also start giving him whole milk! Yay, no more expensive formula. Lame story about the milk by the way. I was at Walmart (Sorry Jenny) searching high and low for the "whole milk" label. Actually walked up and down the isle 3 times!
I finally called Scott and said, "Umm is Vitamin D milk whole milk? It's right by the 2%."
I did not get the response I was hoping for...
"I don't know!"
Thanks to the kind lady buying eggs with her 5 kids who informed me YES Vitamin D milk is whole milk! OH MY GOSH!! I am as dumb as they come. I would like to also note, I have NEVER bought anything other than skim milk my whole adult life. Good excuse??

I can't wait for Sunday, my boy will be 1! I am sure I will be crying my eyes out as he shovels the cake in his face. Sugar high...here we come!

(recent pictures to come...computer is not uploading them well)

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Yay for a healthy Cam! Jon and I are excited to celebrate Cam's birthday too.

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

What a big boy! and such a cutie! Good luck on Sunday!

UtahJenny said...

Keep him up on that whole milk so he doesn't lose his chubby cheeks at least. My little guy has plateaued in his weight a little bit, too. Bummer!!! Glad you found the whole milk even if you were shopping at that place - ugh! I just love that day you can stop buying formula - such a relief!

jamie said...

HAHAHA! I did the EXACT same thing when I went shopping for whole milk when Alex turned one! I thought I was the only one who sat there looking at all the milk labels wondering "WHY IS THERE NO WHOLE MILK???"

Didn't have trouble this time because now we get Winder and they actually call their whole milk, WHOLE MILK :)

Kim & Campbell said...

I love that you are so healthy, I wish I had never tasted 2%!

Happy Birthday Cam, we are so excited to see you!

I think he is a cute boy! The chub was just extra icing on his already adorable cake! (it is sad to see them grow up so fast, but so exciting...think of all the new things he will be able to do now!)

Josh and Anna said...

Your little guy has so much personality! It was so fun to hang out with you guys and see your sweet happy baby!