Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pioneer Day floats

We went to see the floats at the South Towne Expo center on Monday with Jon and Rachael. It was really interesting to see how they were made and see them up close. They are huge! We had a blast and each got to vote for our favorites. Even Cam voted...of course the same as mommy...we think so much alike!
Thought this one was cool
They had a great Bagpipe Band and dancers. I love the bagpipes!

Here is Scott's vote.
Here is my vote. It was made all out of quilts! It was gorgeous up close. They will be donating the quilts to the humanitarian center as well as the socks used to spell out the name of the float. Can you see them? It's toward the bottom.

Cam watching the clown make something out of a balloon. We didn't wait around for her to make something for him. He would have put it right in his mouth and popped it with his chompers. This was Jon's favorite. I don't remember the title...

3 comments:

Luke and Kimmy said...

What a fun little activity. I can't believe all the work that goes into making those. Amazing!

I really like your camping pictures. Tubing down the river is definitely a summer must!

Kim & Campbell said...

You guys are good! You are so aware of what is going on in the community! How? Cameron is getting so, so , so, so big! I can't wait to see him...and you of course!

Lauri said...

I love that first picture of all three of you! This looks like a lot of fun. Next time you come all the way out by my house to go to the expo center you should give us a call!