Thursday, July 9, 2009

"I'm Moving On"

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long

I'm movin' on

I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong

I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone

I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road

I'm movin' on I'm movin' on I'm movin' on
Rascal Flatts

I was driving to work today listening to some old CD's and this song was on one of them. Scott has always told me that it reminds him of me, but it wasn't until I really listened to it that I understood why.

This song really describes where I was in my life a little over 6 years ago. I knew something needed to change so I decided to pack up and move to Utah. I left my family, my wonderful friends and everything I knew. I left saying it would only be for the summer, just in case I didn't like it! I, of course, ended up loving it, and stayed.

I was scared and extremely homesick the first few months but was determined to stay and live on my own.
I am so glad I got out of my comfort zone...way out!
I have had the most amazing experiences out here and know my life is the way it is because of that big decision.
I have met some great people, made dear friendships, had the best roommates ever, had the most incredible Bishop in my singles ward (next to Scott, he is the most amazing man I have ever met), I have gone places I never would have, and most importantly, I have learned to be independent!

I miss my family everyday and wish they were closer. I miss my friends and am thankful our friendships have survived the distance.
I am so grateful I was given this opportunity, to have met Scott and be married for eternity and have our own little family.
Yay for moving on!!

1 comment:

Tia Langston said...

We're glad you're here too!