Saturday, September 18, 2010

I want to remember

I want to remember Cam just like this, 2 years old, my favorite age so far!
There are so many things he does each day that just make me smile and I adore every moment we spend together.

Must Remember Memory #1:

One day we were just hanging in the living room and I was trying to pick up. One of his spoons was on the floor by the couch and I asked him to pick it up and put it in the kitchen. He was so obedient and said in his cute little voice...
"Oka Momma!" and ran to the spoon. He then walked over to the kitchen and laid his spoon "in the kitchen".

I couldn't believe he had done that, I was laughing so hard! He just set it down and walked back over to the living room as proud as could be. I appreciate his help so much. It wasn't in the kitchen like I had wanted, it was better!

Must Remember Memory #2:

Cam has recently started signing. He LOVES listening to my primary CD in the car and is obsessed with the song "I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". We have to listen to it every second we are driving...on repeat! Super fun (for him). Ask anyone that rides in the car with us...

Cam has also recently started to express fear of certain things. He doesn't like walking into the house when it is dark outside, he will make us carry him in.
(He is not afraid of the dark when we put him to sleep though. Hmm?)
He also is aware of bugs and gets scared easily. Partly my fault, I know, because I scream quietly when a bee flys by me. But he seems to point out any bug that comes our way and says, in the most adorable way,
"Scawee bug mommy!"
I reassure him he is safe, especially since he is with mommy and daddy. One day when he was telling me he was afraid, I told him one thing he can do to make himself feel better is sing a song about Jesus.
"Oka Mommy," he responded.

A couple days later, he got afraid of a truck he heard outside and ran up to me and said,
"Scawee Mommy. Big Truck. Sing I belong!"

I couldn't believe he remembered what I told him about singing and chose to sing that song. I was so proud of him and my heart was gushing. He is such a good little boy and strengthens my testimony constantly.

Cam, You are just amazing! I adore your face and every word that comes out of your mouth. I love you!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

He's so cute! Those are great memories, it's smart that you recorded them!