Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A floating we will go...

We were able to go to Ashton, Idaho a couple weekends ago. Scott's family goes camping every year to a place called Warm River. It is this amazingly beautiful campground that is about 45 minutes northeast of Idaho Falls.
This summer we were all a bit too busy to actually set a date to go together, but found ourselves in need of a special celebration one weekend and decided to head up there at the last minute!
This time we didn't camp, we simply booked a hotel for the night. We had so much fun and were still able to do the most important thing: Float down the river!
Don't be fooled by the name, Warm River, because it is NEVER EVER warm. It is so frigid, it should be called Polar Bear River.

Cam LOVED floating down the river.
(I will assure you I did actually float down this year, but didn't get any pictures. These are from the second float, that I stayed clear of.  I was still cold from the day before!)


This is how Papa used the tubes

We got to eat at our beloved, Frost Top.
We also went to Mesa Falls. It is about 15 minutes from Ashton.



I wish we were able to spend a few extra days there and get some camping in, but I am glad we were able to go at all. We had so much fun and I cannot wait until next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this picture of us Sara! hahaha.. it makes me laugh.

Lauri said...

I love that you guys do an annual family trip too. Every year at the end of September we go up to Snowbird for a couple days for a little get away together. I love it and look forward to it every year. I really hope we are able to take Grayson with us this year at the end of the month. YAY for family traditions!!!